- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
Boating Advisory Council.
Boating Advisory Council.
327.803 Boating Advisory Council.—
(1) The Boating Advisory Council is created within the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and shall be composed of 18 members. The members include:
(a) One representative from the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, who shall serve as the chair of the council.
(b) One representative each from the Department of Environmental Protection, the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, the United States Power Squadron, and the inland navigation districts.
(c) One representative of manatee protection interests, one representative of the marine industries, one representative of water-related environmental groups, one representative of canoe or kayak enthusiasts, one representative of marine manufacturers, one representative of commercial vessel owners or operators, one representative of marine special events, one representative actively involved and working full-time in the scuba diving industry who has experience in recreational boating, one representative of either the commercial fishing industry or the commercial shellfishing industry, and two representatives of the boating public, each of whom shall be nominated by the executive director of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and appointed by the Governor to serve staggered 3-year terms. Members appointed by the Governor may serve no more than two full consecutive terms.
(d) One member of the House of Representatives, who shall be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(e) One member of the Senate, who shall be appointed by the President of the Senate.
(2) The council shall meet at the call of the chair, at the request of a majority of its membership, or at such times as may be prescribed by rule.
(3) The purpose of the council is to make recommendations to the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the Department of Economic Opportunity regarding issues affecting the boating community, including, but not limited to, issues related to:
(a) Boating and diving safety education.
(b) Boating-related facilities, including marinas and boat testing facilities.
(c) Boat usage.
(d) Boat access.
(e) Working waterfronts.
(4) Members of the council shall serve without compensation but are entitled to reimbursement of expenses as provided in s. 112.061.
(5) A vacancy on the council shall be filled for the remainder of the unexpired term in the same manner as the original appointment. Members whose terms have expired may continue to serve until replaced or reappointed.
(6) Members of the council may be removed for cause.
History.—s. 13, ch. 94-241; s. 34, ch. 99-245; s. 25, ch. 2000-362; s. 1, ch. 2005-158; s. 229, ch. 2011-142.