2020 Florida Statutes
319.001 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Certificate of title” means the record that is evidence of ownership of a vehicle, whether a paper certificate authorized by the department or a certificate consisting of information that is stored in an electronic form in the department’s database.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
(3) “Front-end assembly” means fenders, hood, grill, and bumper.
(4) “Licensed dealer,” unless otherwise specifically provided, means a motor vehicle dealer licensed under s. 320.27, a mobile home dealer licensed under s. 320.77, or a recreational vehicle dealer licensed under s. 320.771.
(5) “Motorcycle body assembly” means frame, fenders, and gas tanks.
(6) “Motorcycle engine” means cylinder block, heads, engine case, and crank case.
(7) “Motorcycle transmission” means drive train.
(8) “New mobile home” means a mobile home the equitable or legal title to which has never been transferred by a manufacturer, distributor, importer, or dealer to an ultimate purchaser.
(9) “New motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle the equitable or legal title to which has never been transferred by a manufacturer, distributor, importer, or dealer to an ultimate purchaser; however, when legal title is not transferred but possession of a motor vehicle is transferred pursuant to a conditional sales contract or lease and the conditions are not satisfied and the vehicle is returned to the motor vehicle dealer, the motor vehicle may be resold by the motor vehicle dealer as a new motor vehicle, provided the selling motor vehicle dealer gives the following written notice to the purchaser: “THIS VEHICLE WAS DELIVERED TO A PREVIOUS PURCHASER.” The purchaser shall sign an acknowledgment, a copy of which is kept in the selling dealer’s file.
(10) “Rear body section” means both quarter panels, decklid, bumper, and floor pan.
(11) “Satisfaction of lien” means full payment of a debt or release of a debtor from a lien by the lienholder.
(12) “Used motor vehicle” means any motor vehicle that is not a “new motor vehicle” as defined in subsection (9).
History.—s. 1, ch. 82-134; s. 2, ch. 89-333; s. 22, ch. 95-333; s. 20, ch. 2000-313; s. 7, ch. 2002-235; s. 15, ch. 2008-176; s. 29, ch. 2009-21.