CS/CS/HB 1451: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Traviesa
Insurance; proscribes state agencies & political subdivisions from prohibiting or excluding licensed insurance agents from competing or negotiating for certain insurance products or plans; authorizes certain employing agencies to require law enf. officers & correctional officers to pass certain physical exams for certain purposes; provides requirements for policyholder collateral, deductible reimbursements & other policyholder obligations, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Banking and Insurance, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1912 (Ch. 2005-257)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00126
• Referred to Insurance (CC); Local Government Council; Finance & Tax (FC); Commerce Council -HJ 00233
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance (CC), 03/24/05, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by Insurance (CC); YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 00337
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b)
• Now in Local Government Council -HJ 00337
• On Council agenda-- Local Government Council, 04/06/05, 1:00 pm, 404-H
• Favorable by Local Government Council; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00460; Now in Finance & Tax (FC) -HJ 00460
• On Committee agenda-- Finance & Tax (FC), 04/12/05, 4:00 pm, 404-H
• Favorable by Finance & Tax (FC); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00506; Now in Commerce Council -HJ 00506
• On Council agenda-- Commerce Council, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Commerce Council; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00907
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01066; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01066; Ordered engrossed -HJ 01068
• Read third time -HJ 01175; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01176; Was taken up -HJ 01179; Amendment(s) failed -HJ 01180; Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 01180
• In Messages; Received, referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary -SJ 00898
• Died in Committee on Banking and Insurance, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1912 (Ch. 2005-257)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.