CS/CS/SB 1912: Insurance Agents & Agencies
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Banking and Insurance ; Argenziano
Insurance Agents & Agencies; includes insurance agencies among entities Financial Services Dept. is authorized to investigate; provides for electronic scanning in course of investigations & examinations; delays effective date by which agencies must obtain license; revises insurance agency licensure application requirements; revises examination requirements; authorizes dept. to disapprove use of certain names under certain circumstances, etc. Amends Chs. 624, 626, 648.50.
Last Action: 6/17/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-257
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00192
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/29/05, 2:30 pm, 412-K
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00320; CS read first time on 03/31/05 -SJ 00321
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00320
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00463; CS read first time on 04/19/05 -SJ 00471
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00463
• Withdrawn from General Government Appropriations -SJ 00811; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 00957; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00958; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00958
• Read third time -SJ 01094; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01095
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01519; Read second time -HJ 01519; Read third time -HJ 01519; CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 01519
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01661
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-257
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.