CS/CS/CS/SB 2068: Telecommunications
GENERAL BILL by Government Efficiency Appropriations ; Commerce and Consumer Services ; Communications and Public Utilities ; Constantine ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Clary
Telecommunications; specifies exclusive jurisdiction of PSC to regulate telecommunications companies; requires that broadband service remain free of state & local regulation; provides that damage to equipment & facilities as result of named tropical system constitutes compelling showing of changed circumstances to justify rate increase; requires company to exhaust any storm-reserve funds prior to recovery from customers, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1322 (Ch. 2005-132)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Commerce and Consumer Services; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00203
• On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 04/05/05, 10:00 am, 301-S
• CS by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00349; CS read first time on 04/06/05 -SJ 00352
• Now in Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00349
• Withdrawn from- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00418
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 04/19/05, 9:15 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00525; CS read first time on 04/20/05 -SJ 00530
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00525
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/26/05, 3:00 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS/CS by- Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00640; CS read first time on 04/27/05 -SJ 00647
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00640
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00886
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074
• Placed on Special Order Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1322 (Ch. 2005-132)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.