CS/CS/SB 2090: School Classroom Size/Teachers' Pay
JOINT RESOLUTION by Education Appropriations ; Education ; Lynn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sebesta ; Baker ; Haridopolos ; Peaden ; Bennett
School Classroom Size/Teachers' Pay; constitutional amendment to provide that maximum class size requirements shall be based on district average number of students who are assigned to teacher in specified grades, to move forward date for implementation of class size requirements, to require that minimum salary for each public school teacher shall be no less than $35,000 & shall be higher than national average beginning salary, etc. Amends s. 1, Art. IX; creates s. 26, Art. XII.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Education; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Education Appropriations; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00205; On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/21/05, 12:30 pm, 110-S --Workshop-Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/28/05, 3:15 pm, 110-S --Workshop-Discussed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/12/05, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 00454; CS read first time on 04/14/05 -SJ 00460
• Withdrawn from- Government Efficiency Appropriations; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00418
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00454
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, 412-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/26/05, 3:00 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 00640; CS read first time on 04/27/05 -SJ 00648
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00640
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 00957; Substituted HJR 1843 (Failed to pass in Senate) -SJ 01037; Laid on Table
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.