CS/SB 276: Wrecker Services
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Crist ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Wilson
Wrecker Services; exempts hearings of Fla. Highway Patrol Div. concerning wrecker allocation system from requirements of Administrative Procedure Act; clarifies that portion of license plate which must be clear & plainly visible; requires wrecker companies to register with DOACS; establishes certification program for wrecker operators; authorizes counties & municipalities to enact ordinances governing wrecker operators, etc. Amends FS. APPROPRIATION: $693,000.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Commerce and Consumer Services; Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Community Affairs; General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 01/11/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 3 amendment(s) by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Commerce and Consumer Services
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 02/09/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0; Now in Criminal Justice
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Commerce and Consumer Services; Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Community Affairs; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00022; On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 01/11/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S; Favorable with 3 amendment(s) by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00101; Now in Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00101; On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 02/09/05, 9:00 am, 401-S; Favorable by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00102; Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00102; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/09/05, 1:30 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00135
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00135; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/05, 12:00 noon, 401-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 00187
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00187
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/28/05, 3:15 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00299
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00299
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, 301-S
• CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00567; CS read first time on 04/26/05 -SJ 00569
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00567
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00625
• Read third time -SJ 00680; CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 2 -SJ 00681
• Immediately certified -SJ 00711
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01095; Read second and third times -HJ 01095; Substituted for HB 341 -HJ 01095; CS passed; YEAS 108 NAYS 2 -HJ 01095
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00818
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1697 (Ch. 2005-164), CS/CS/SB 492 (Ch. 2005-137)
• Veto Message received, referred to Rules and Calendar (2005-B) -SJ 00005, -SJ 00023; (2006 Regular Session) -SJ 00196, -SJ 00214
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.