CS/SB 1940: Construction Contracting
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Clary ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bennett
Construction Contracting; revises commencement periods for actions founded on design, planning, or construction of improvements to real property; amends specified provision re converter reserve accounts & warranties; limits applicability to certain improvements. Amends 95.11, 718.618.
Last Action: 4/28/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Substituted HB 1089 -SJ 00682; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1089 (Ch. 2006-145)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary -SJ 00155
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/03/06, 2:30 pm, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00375; CS read first time on 04/05/06 -SJ 00380
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00375
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/25/06, 1:45 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00579
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00579
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Substituted HB 1089 -SJ 00682; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1089 (Ch. 2006-145)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.