CS/SB 2290: Long-term Care Insurance
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Atwater ; Pruitt ; Crist
Long-term Care Insurance; requires said insurance policies to provide for policy incontestability after certain time; specifies that certain limited benefit policies are type of said insurance policy; directs AHCA, in consultation with Insurance Regulation Off. & DCFS, to amend Medicaid state plan that established Fla. Long-Term Care Partnership Program for purposes of compliance with provisions of Social Security Act, etc. Amends FS. APPROPRIATION: $72,500.
Last Action: 4/28/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Read second time -SJ 00686; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00687; Substituted HB 947 -SJ 00687; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 947 (Ch. 2006-254)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Care; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00239
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/21/06, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00276
• Now in Health Care -SJ 00276
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 04/04/06, 3:15 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Health Care; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00373
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00373
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 301-S
• CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00647; CS read first time on 04/27/06 -SJ 00653
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00647
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Read second time -SJ 00686; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00687; Substituted HB 947 -SJ 00687; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 947 (Ch. 2006-254)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.