CS/HB 241: Homelessness
GENERAL BILL by Healthcare Council ; Culp ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Bullard ; Cusack ; Davis ; Heller ; Homan ; Porth ; Robaina ; Scionti ; Zapata
Homelessness; Requires the motor vehicle registration form and registration renewal form to include an option to make a voluntary contribution to aid the homeless. Establishes homelessness prevention grant program; requires grant applicants to be ranked competitively & provides preference for certain applicants; requires lead agencies for local homeless assistance continuum of care to track, monitor, & report on assisted families for specified time period, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Healthcare Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to Healthy Families (HC) by Healthcare Council
• On Committee agenda-- Healthy Families (HC), 01/08/08, 8:30 am, 12-H
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Healthy Families (HC); YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Healthcare Council
• Introduced, referred to Healthcare Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00024; Referred to Healthy Families (HC) by Healthcare Council -HJ 00129; On Committee agenda-- Healthy Families (HC), 01/08/08, 8:30 am, 12-H; Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Healthy Families (HC); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00139; Now in Healthcare Council -HJ 00139
• On Council agenda-- Healthcare Council, 04/01/08, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Healthcare Council; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 00423
• CS read 1st time on 04/07/08 -HJ 00420; CS filed
• Referred to- Calendar -HJ 00429
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00539
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00630; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00630; CS passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 00631
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.