CS/CS/HB 761: Agriculture
GENERAL BILL by Policy & Budget Council ; Environment & Natural Resources Council ; Pickens ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Boyd ; Kendrick ; Poppell
Agriculture; Repeals provision relating to campaign contributions to Commissioner of Agriculture candidates; prohibits county government enforcement of certain ordinances, resolutions, regulations, rules, or policies relating to certain activities of bona fide farm operation on land classified as agricultural; expands eligibility for exemption from local business tax receipt for privilege of selling specified products, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Died in Messages, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 866 (Ch. 2008-95), CS/SB 2222 (Ch. 2008-221)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Environment & Natural Resources Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to Agribusiness (ENR) by Environment & Natural Resources Council
• Introduced, referred to Environment & Natural Resources Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00062; Referred to Agribusiness (ENR) by Environment & Natural Resources Council -HJ 00134
• On Committee agenda-- Agribusiness (ENR), 03/19/08, 9:45 am, 216-C --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Agribusiness (ENR), 03/19/08, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Agribusiness (ENR); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00312; Now in Environment & Natural Resources Council -HJ 00312
• On Council agenda-- Environment & Natural Resources Council, 03/26/08, 9:00 am, 404-H
• CS by Environment & Natural Resources Council; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 00415
• CS read 1st time on 04/04/08 -HJ 00414; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00422
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/21/08, 1:00 pm, 212-K; CS/CS by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 00711
• CS read 1st time on 04/22/08 -HJ 00706; CS filed; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00710
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00796; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00796
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01012; CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01012
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 866 (Ch. 2008-95), CS/SB 2222 (Ch. 2008-221)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.