CS/CS/SB 866: Elections [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Ethics and Elections ; Constantine
Elections [LPCC]; Revises provisions relating to the investigative duties of the Secretary of State. Reduces the time by which supervisors of elections must electronically transmit certain voter history information to the department. Revises methods by which a person's right to vote may be challenged. Clarifies that political subdivisions may impose electronic filing requirements on certain candidates, etc.
Last Action: 6/5/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-95
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; Rules
• Introduced, referred to Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; Rules -SJ 00054
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/11/08, 2:00 pm, 412-K --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/18/08, 2:00 pm, 412-K --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 04/01/08, 1:00 pm, 412-K
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 00426; CS read 1st time on 04/03/08 -SJ 00430
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Judiciary -SJ 00426
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/16/08, 3:30 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00754; CS read 1st time on 04/23/08 -SJ 00757
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Original reference(s) removed: Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; Rules; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00772
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00742; Amendment(s) adopted (728280, 661364, 532486, 402546, 343450, 321150) -SJ 00743; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00743; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00744
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00786; Amendment(s) adopted (952304, 710160) -SJ 00786; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00787; Amendment(s) reconsidered, failed -SJ 00788; CS passed as amended (710160); YEAS 36 NAYS 2 -SJ 00788
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00972
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 01175; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01178, -HJ 01183; Was taken up -HJ 01181
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01221; CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01221
• In returning messages
• Substituted for CS/HB 1201 -HJ 01818
• Refused to concur, requested House to recede -SJ 01198, -SJ 01199
• In returning messages
• Receded -HJ 01836; CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 01836
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01719
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-95
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.