CS/CS/SB 1732: Postsecondary Education
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations ; Higher Education ; Lynn
Postsecondary Education; Requires the Higher Education Coordinating Council to recommend plans and submit a report to the Governor and the Legislature relating to core responsibilities of postsecondary education institutions, performance outputs and outcomes, articulation policies, workforce development education, and baccalaureate degree authorization. Requires the Department of Education (DOE) to use student performance data to determine appropriate credit-by-examination scores and courses, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7151 (Ch. 2011-177) -SJ 772
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations (BHI)
• Referred to Higher Education; Budget -SJ 196
• Introduced -SJ 196
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Higher Education; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 408
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Higher Education read 1st time -SJ 412
• Now in Budget -SJ 408
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 473
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, 04/13/11, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 470
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 491
• Withdrawn from Budget with subcommittee recommendation -SJ 614
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 616
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 772
• Amendment(s) adopted (332708, 881132) -SJ 772
• Substituted CS/HB 7151 -SJ 772
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7151 (Ch. 2011-177) -SJ 772
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.