CS/SB 1202: Construction Liens and Bonds
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bogdanoff
Construction Liens and Bonds; Deleting a provision for the limitation of actions against a bond; requiring that the bond number be stated on the first page of the bond; requiring that the state, a county, a municipality, or any other public body or institution open sealed bids received in response to a competitive solicitation at a public meeting, announce the name of each bidder and the price submitted, and make available upon request the names of bidders and submitted prices; revising requirements for demands for a copy of a construction contract and a statement of account; requiring that a contractor serve rather than mail a notice of contest of claim against the payment bond and a notice of bond, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 897 (Ch. 2012-211), CS/CS/SB 704 (Ch. 2012-13) -SJ 1269
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Judiciary; Budget -SJ 97
• Introduced -SJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/31/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/12, 1:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 500
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 504
• Now in Budget -SJ 500
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 534
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• Withdrawn from Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 874
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 874
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1269
• Amendment(s) adopted (640582) -SJ 1269
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 897 -SJ 1269
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 897 (Ch. 2012-211), CS/CS/SB 704 (Ch. 2012-13) -SJ 1269
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.