CS/CS/HB 897: Construction Contracting
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Moraitis
Construction Contracting; Provides that public entity may not make payment to contractor unless entity has received certified copy of bond; provides that part of payment bond furnished for public works contract that limits or expands effective duration of bond or adds conditions precedent is unenforceable; revises bond form provisions & requirements; provides that payment to contractor who has furnished payment bond on public works project may not be conditioned upon production of certain documents if surety has given written consent; provides prerequisites for action against payment bond; requires that public body open sealed bids for competitive solicitation at public meeting; revives grandfathering provisions & sets new deadline by which certain registered contractors may apply for certification; provides that specified notice concerning lessor's liability for liens for improvements made by lessee prohibits liens in certain circumstances; revises provisions relating to service of specified items; specifies requirements for certain written instruments; clarifies applicability of certain provisions.
Last Action: 5/6/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-211, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 704 (Ch. 2012-13)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 87
• Introduced -HJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/25/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 300
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 297
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 289
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 320
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 320
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/16/12, 11:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 685
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 682
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 676
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 704
• Amendment(s) adopted (500099) -HJ 705
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 755
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 755
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 847
• Referred to Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 847
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1269
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1270
• Substituted for CS/SB 1202 -SJ 1270
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1270
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1270
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1270
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1714
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-211, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 704 (Ch. 2012-13)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.