SB 726: Florida Commission on Human Relations
GENERAL BILL by Rouson
Florida Commission on Human Relations; Revising quorum requirements for the Commission on Human Relations and its panels; revising the number of persons the commission must recommend for the Florida Civil Rights Hall of Fame; deleting a requirement that a facility or community that provides housing for older persons register with and submit a letter to the commission; deleting the requirement for the commission or Attorney General to investigate a complaint of discrimination in evaluating an application for club membership, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 255 (Ch. 2020-153) -SJ 709
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/09/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/15/20, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 56
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 653
• Read 2nd time -SJ 708
• Substituted CS/HB 255 -SJ 709
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 255 (Ch. 2020-153) -SJ 709
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.