2009 Florida Statutes
Responsibilities of departments and agencies.
110.503 Responsibilities of departments and agencies.--Each department or agency utilizing the services of volunteers shall:
(1) Take such actions as are necessary and appropriate to develop meaningful opportunities for volunteers involved in state-administered programs.
(2) Comply with the uniform rules adopted by the Department of Management Services governing the recruitment, screening, training, responsibility, use, and supervision of volunteers.
(3) Take such actions as are necessary to ensure that volunteers understand their duties and responsibilities.
(4) Take such actions as are necessary and appropriate to ensure a receptive climate for citizen volunteers.
(5) Provide for the recognition of volunteers who have offered continuous and outstanding service to state-administered programs. Each department or agency using the services of volunteers is authorized to incur expenditures not to exceed $100 each plus applicable taxes for suitable framed certificates, plaques, or other tokens of recognition to honor, reward, or encourage volunteers for their service.
(6) Recognize prior volunteer service as partial fulfillment of state employment requirements for training and experience pursuant to rules adopted by the Department of Management Services.
History.--s. 3, ch. 78-263; s. 24, ch. 79-190; s. 38, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 42, ch. 96-399; s. 13, ch. 99-399.
Note.--Former s. 112.903.