- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
492.116 Exemptions.—The following persons are specifically exempted from this chapter, provided, however, that all final geological papers or documents which have been prepared by a person exempt under subsection (1), subsection (2), subsection (3), or subsection (4) for delivery to any person for public record with the state shall be dated and bear the signature and seal of the professional geologist or professional geologists who prepared or approved them:
(1) Persons engaged solely in teaching the science of geology.
(2) Persons engaged in geological research which does not affect the health, safety, or well-being of the public.
(3) Officers and employees of the United States Government, the State of Florida, water management districts, or other local or regional governmental entities practicing solely as such officers or employees.
(4) Regular full-time employees of a corporation not engaged in the practice of professional geology as such, who are directly supervised by a person licensed as a professional geologist under this chapter.
(5) A person employed on a full-time basis as a geologist by an employer engaged in the business of developing, mining, or treating ores, other minerals, and petroleum resources if that person engages in geological practice exclusively for and as an employee of such employer and does not hold herself or himself out and is not held out as available to perform any geological services for persons other than her or his employer.
History.—ss. 16, 19, ch. 87-403; s. 33, ch. 88-392; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 525, ch. 97-103; s. 64, ch. 2000-356.