The Senate will convene on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, at 3:30 p.m., or upon the call of the President.
No calendars have been published for this day.
2020 Legislative Session
The Senate convened on Tuesday, January 14, 2020. The 2020 Regular Session is scheduled to conclude on Friday, March 13, 2020.
2020-2021 General Appropriations Act
The Senate’s balanced budget for fiscal year 2020-2021 invests in Florida’s teachers, state employees, and environment, while maintaining $3.5 billion in total state reserves.
Investing In Our Teachers and School Personnel
SB 2500, the Senate’s proposed budget for fiscal year 2020-2021, invests $825 million in Florida’s teachers and school personnel with $500 million in a new Teacher Salary Increase Allocation, along with $325 million in increased flexible funding through the Base Student Allocation.
- Capitol Buzz-Weeks 5 & 6 (pdf) February 19, 2020 - Publication by Senator Rader
- Senator Linda Stewart Receives Unanimous Support for Removing Statute of Limitations for Child Victims of Sexual Battery February 19, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Randolph Bracy Advocates Revenue Sharing Model to Compensate Student Athletes February 19, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Bracy
- Bill to Combat Indecent Exposure Passes Second Senate Committee February 19, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Randolph Bracy Takes Another Swing at Addressing America’s Original Sin February 18, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Bracy
- The Mayfield Minute: Session Week 5 with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) February 17, 2020 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Senate Unanimously Passes Budget with Key Investments in Florida’s Teachers, State Employees, and Environment, $3.5 Billion Total Reserves February 13, 2020 - Press Release by President's Office
- Capitol Buzz-Week 4 (pdf) February 12, 2020 - Publication by Senator Rader