- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2007 Florida Statutes
State Technology Office; production, dissemination, and ownership of materials and products.
1282.22 State Technology Office; production, dissemination, and ownership of materials and products.--
(1) It is the intent of the Legislature that when materials, products, information, and services are acquired or developed by or under the direction of the State Technology Office, through research and development or other efforts, including those subject to copyright, patent, or trademark, they shall be made available for use by state and local government entities at the earliest practicable date and in the most economical and efficient manner possible and consistent with chapter 119.
(2) To accomplish this objective the office is authorized to publish or partner with private sector entities to produce or have produced materials and products and to make them readily available for appropriate use. The office is authorized to charge an amount or receive value-added services adequate to cover the essential cost of producing and disseminating such materials, information, services, or products and is authorized to sell services.
(3) In cases in which the materials or products are of such nature, or the circumstances are such, that it is not practicable or feasible for the office to produce or have produced materials and products so developed, it is authorized, after review and approval by the Executive Office of the Governor, to license, lease, assign, sell, or otherwise give written consent to any person, firm, or corporation for the manufacture or use thereof, on a royalty basis, or for such other consideration as the office shall deem proper and in the best interest of the state; the office is authorized and directed to protect same against improper or unlawful use or infringement and to enforce the collection of any sums due for the manufacture or use thereof by any other party.
(4) All proceeds from the sale of such materials and products or other money collected pursuant to this section shall be deposited into the Operating Trust Fund of the office and, when properly budgeted as approved by the Legislature and the Executive Office of the Governor, used to pay the cost of producing and disseminating materials and products to carry out the intent of this section.
History.--s. 14, ch. 97-241; s. 49, ch. 99-13; s. 15, ch. 2000-164; s. 20, ch. 2001-261; s. 17, ch. 2006-79.
1Note.--Section 14, ch. 2007-105, provides that "[u]nless otherwise specified in this act, the Department of Management Services, established in s. 20.22, Florida Statutes, shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the State Technology Office as set forth in ss. 215.322(2), 282.102, 282.103, 282.104, 282.105, 282.106, 282.107, 282.1095, 282.111, 282.21, 282.22, 288.1092, 288.1093, 365.171, 365.172, and 365.173, Florida Statutes."