- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2007 Florida Statutes
Quick Permitting County Designation Program.
1288.1093 Quick Permitting County Designation Program.--
(1) There is established within the State Technology Office the Quick Permitting County Designation Program. To be designated as a Quick Permitting County, the chair of the board of county commissioners of the applying county must certify to the office that the county meets the criteria specified in subsection (3).
(2) As used in this section, the term "development permitting" includes permits and approvals necessary for the physical location of a business, including, but not limited to:
(a) Wetland or environmental resource permits.
(b) Surface water management permits.
(c) Stormwater permits.
(d) Site plan approvals.
(e) Zoning and comprehensive plan amendments.
(f) Building permits.
(g) Transportation concurrency approvals.
(h) Wastewater permits.
(3) In order to qualify for a Quick Permitting County designation, a county must certify to the office that the county has implemented the following best-management practices:
(a) The establishment of a single point of contact for a business seeking assistance in obtaining a permit;
(b) The selection of high-priority projects for accelerated permit review;
(c) The use of documented preapplication meetings following standard procedures;
(d) The maintenance of an inventory of sites suitable for high-priority projects;
(e) The development of a list of consultants who conduct business in the county;
(f) The evaluation and elimination of duplicative approval and permitting requirements within the county;
(g) The commitment to participate, through the entry of an interlocal agreement for individual projects, in the expedited permit process set forth in s. 403.973;
(h) The development of a timetable for processing development permits and approvals; and
(i) The use of interagency coordination to facilitate permit processing.
History.--s. 6, ch. 99-244; s. 8, ch. 2001-278.
1Note.--Section 14, ch. 2007-105, provides that "[u]nless otherwise specified in this act, the Department of Management Services, established in s. 20.22, Florida Statutes, shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the State Technology Office as set forth in ss. 215.322(2), 282.102, 282.103, 282.104, 282.105, 282.106, 282.107, 282.1095, 282.111, 282.21, 282.22, 288.1092, 288.1093, 365.171, 365.172, and 365.173, Florida Statutes."