CS/CS/HB 795: Student Financial Assistance
GENERAL BILL by Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Antone ; Bendross-Mindingall ; Bucher ; Clarke ; Henriquez ; Homan ; Llorente ; Planas ; Porth ; Quinones ; Roberson, Y ; Zapata
Student Financial Assistance; creates First Generation Matching Grant Program to provide financial aid to undergraduate students of state university who have financial need & whose parents have not earned baccalaureate degree; provides for appropriation, allocation, & distribution of funds; provides student eligibility requirements; requires postsecondary institutions to include certain testing costs in costs of attendance, etc. Amends Chs. 1009, 1011; creates 1009.892. APPROPRIATION: $6,500,000.
Last Action: 6/2/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-73
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Colleges & Universities (EDC); Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council
• On Committee agenda-- Colleges & Universities (EDC), 03/07/06, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced, referred to Colleges & Universities (EDC); Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council -HJ 00064; On Committee agenda-- Colleges & Universities (EDC), 03/07/06, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall; Favorable with CS amendment by Colleges & Universities (EDC); YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -HJ 00193
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b)
• Now in Education Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations (FC), 04/04/06, 4:00 pm Or Upon Adjournment of the Fiscal Council, 212-K
• Favorable by Education Appropriations (FC); YEAS 15 NAYS 2 -HJ 00345; Now in Education Council -HJ 00345
• On Council agenda-- Education Council, 04/10/06, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Education Council; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00419
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00419
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00536; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00536
• Read third time -HJ 00546; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00546; Passed as amended; YEAS 91 NAYS 21 -HJ 00546
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Education; Education Appropriations -SJ 00742
• Withdrawn from Education; Education Appropriations -SJ 00817; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1750 -SJ 00817; Read second time -SJ 00817; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00817
• Read third time -SJ 00980; Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as further amended -SJ 00980; Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00980
• In returning messages; Was taken up -HJ 01293; Concurred -HJ 01294; Passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 3 -HJ 01294; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01295
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-73
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.