CS/CS/SB 524: Health Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Diaz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Farmer ; Bean
Health Insurance; Authorizing the inclusion in the state group insurance program of products and services offered by entities providing optional participation in the Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan; requiring the Department of Management Services to implement formulary management cost-saving measures beginning with the 2020 plan year; creating the "Patient Savings Act"; authorizing health insurers, which include health maintenance organizations, to offer shared savings incentive programs to insureds, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1113 (Ch. 2019-100) -SJ 619
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 68
• Introduced -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/11/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/26/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 382
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/19 -SJ 646
• Read 2nd time -SJ 619
• Substituted CS/HB 1113 -SJ 619
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1113 (Ch. 2019-100) -SJ 619
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.