CS/HB 1693: Unemployment Compensation
GENERAL BILL by Economic Development,Trade & Banking Committee ; Bilirakis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Homan
Unemployment Compensation; provides exemption for special deputies from uniform rules of procedure; provides penalties for false employer schemes; clarifies persons that employee leasing companies may lease to client; prohibits transfer of unemployment experience by acquisition of business in certain cases; provides for dismissal of untimely filed appeals; revises definition of "racketeering activity", etc. Amends Ch. 443, 120.80, 895.02; reenacts FS.
Last Action: 6/10/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-209; See also HB 1813 (Ch. 2005-280)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Introduced -HJ 00202
• Referred to Criminal Justice (JC); Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations (FC); Commerce Council -HJ 00264
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice (JC), 04/06/05, 9:15 am, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by Criminal Justice (JC); YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -HJ 00487
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00487
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations (FC), 04/15/05, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations (FC); YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 00563; Now in Commerce Council -HJ 00563
• On Council agenda-- Commerce Council, 04/20/05, 3:45 pm, 404-H
• Favorable by- Commerce Council; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00674
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00674
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00870; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00871; Read third time -HJ 00870; Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 00871
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Commerce and Consumer Services; Criminal Justice; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00707
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Consumer Services; Criminal Justice; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00738; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1652 -SJ 00739; Read second time -SJ 00738
• Read third time -SJ 00768; Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00768
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01154
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-209; See also HB 1813 (Ch. 2005-280)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.