CS/CS/SB 772: Schools
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations ; Children and Families ; Constantine ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Wilson
Schools; clarifies applicability of salary formula & certification programs to elected district school superintendents; provides that students who have attained 16 years of age & have not graduated are subject to compulsory school attendance under certain circumstances; requires each school district to submit to DOE, by specified deadline, copies of district's school wellness policy & physical education policy; amends "School Health Services Act", etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 6/26/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-301; See also HB 5005 (Ch. 2006-27), HB 7087 (Ch. 2006-74)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Children and Families; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/24/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0; Now in Children and Families
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 03/07/06, 2:30 pm, 301-S
• Introduced, referred to Education; Children and Families; Education Appropriations -SJ 00090; On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/24/06, 9:00 am, 110-S; Favorable by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00191; Now in Children and Families -SJ 00191; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 03/07/06, 2:30 pm, 301-S; CS by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00229; CS read first time on 03/09/06 -SJ 00231
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00229
• Also referred to Ways and Means -SJ 00324
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 412-K
• CS/CS by Education Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 00647; CS read first time on 04/27/06 -SJ 00648
• Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00647
• Withdrawn from Ways and Means -SJ 00738; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00933; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00934; Was taken up -SJ 00959; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00960; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00960
• Read third time -SJ 01057; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01057; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01060
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01595; Read second time -HJ 01595; Read third time -HJ 01596; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01597
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01565
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-301; See also HB 5005 (Ch. 2006-27), HB 7087 (Ch. 2006-74)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.