CS/CS/SB 142: Telecommunications/Price Regulation
GENERAL BILL by Government Efficiency Appropriations ; Communications and Public Utilities ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Argenziano ; Klein ; Atwater ; Aronberg ; Saunders ; Peaden
Telecommunications/Price Regulation; allows telecommunications company to publicly publish price lists for nonbasic services; allows 1 day's notice for price changes to nonbasic services; deletes company's option to elect that its basic services be treated as nonbasic services; provides criteria for granting petition to change regulatory treatment of retail services; provides for effect of act on commission's jurisdiction, etc. Amends 364.051,.025. APPROPRIATION: $800,000.
Last Action: 6/7/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-80
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Government Efficiency Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00052
• On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 04/04/06, 1:00 pm, 301-S
• CS by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00398; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00399
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00398
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by- Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00503; CS read first time on 04/20/06 -SJ 00504
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00504
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00738; Read second time -SJ 00722; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00723; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00723
• Read third time -SJ 00756; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00756
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01125
• Substituted for HB 817 -HJ 01140; Read second time -HJ 01140; Read third time -HJ 01140; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01140; CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01140
• In returning messages
• Refused to concur, requested House to recede -SJ 01526
• In returning messages; Receded -HJ 01632; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01633; CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01633
• In returning messages; Concurred -SJ 01560; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 01560; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01560
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-80
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.